BOILER OPERATOR/CUSTODIAN - ATALIAN
Black Seal Operator
$14-15/hr. with a sign-on bonus (will be discussed once offer is made to candidate)
40 hrs/week F/t Monday – Friday
Shift = M-F 2:30pm-11:00pm
ATALIAN Global Services, Inc. is the US division of ATALIAN Group, the independent, French, Paris-based, facilities services organization. Established in 1944, ATALIAN Group has grown to a $2.2 billion organization with a presence in 32 countries on 4 continents – Europe, North America, Asia and Africa.
ATALIAN prides itself as not only providing multi-service and multi-technical offerings, but also having a keen sense of the economic and social realities of each of the diverse countries it serves. ATALIAN leverages its global reach by offering customized offerings to its global clients while providing a local solution in each of the countries it serves.
ATLALIAN’s portfolio of services include:
• Cleaning services
• Energy management
• Airport assistance
Job Skills / Requirements
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Black Seal Custodian maintains the boiler and is responsible of keeping the school facilities and surrounding areas in clean and orderly conditions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hand dust and wipe clean all furniture, fixtures and window sills.
• Cleans and polishes fixtures.
• Wash/clean all water fountains and water coolers.
• Cleans, sanitizes bathrooms and restocks paper and soap supplies
• Cleans, mops, and vacuums floors.
• Use power equipment to buff and restore floors and shampoo carpets
• Empty all waste receptacles and remove wastepaper. Remove recyclable materials as per building recycling regulations
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
• Assist with snow removal activities.
• Maintain the boiler
• Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The work can be repetitive and physically demanding, requiring frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and shoveling.
• Constant lifting from various levels loads up to 10 pounds while cleaning
• Constant standing with frequent neck/trunk flexion or rotation when vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.
• Constant walking throughout designated area up to 2,000 feet per floor
• Repetitive gripping of equipment, hand tools or debris with average of 10 pounds of grip strength at 4 1/2" circumference
• Frequent reaching to shoulder level, above shoulder level and below knees to clean, pick up trash, etc.
• Frequent lowering of trash (bags) weighing up to 30 pounds from 42" above floor to floor
• Frequent pushing/pulling loads weighing up to 20 pounds with forces up to 5 pounds
• Worker may be exposed to noxious odors, chemicals, dusts and poor ventilation, as well as humidity from liquids.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Demonstrated knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
• Demonstrated Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
• Previous cleaning experience desired.
• Valid NJ State Black Seal Boiler's License required
• Demonstrated ability to adhere to work schedules.
High School Diploma strongly preferred
We offer industry competitive wages and a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities.
Atalian Global Services is a Drug Free Workplace as well as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift.