MAINTENANCE Mechanic at THE MANOR HEALTH & REHABILITATION CENTER
The Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center
689 W Main St, Freehold, NJ
Performs maintenance and engineering duties as defined in the following and other duties as assigned.
· Serves as a member of the facility’s fire response team and Dr. Armstrong’s.
· Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental guidelines.
· Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and reports major problems to Director or Manager.
· Reads blueprints or models to learn work layout or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
· Promptly responds to all emergency calls and drills. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
· Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs equipment, systems and facilities related to any craft or combination of same, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
· Maintains shops, mechanical spaces, etc. in a clean and safe manner.
· Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, sheet metal work, machinist work, painting, welding, masonry.
· Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, installs and makes malfunction diagnosis of HVAC equipment, sterilizers, laundry and dietary equipment, sprinkler and standpipe systems, ice makers and refrigeration equipment, electrical system and other plant and specialty equipment.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance PM and rebuild pumps.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Install soap dispensers, handrails, paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, shelving, etc.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Cut to fit and install ceiling tiles.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Basic lock repair. Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Hang pictures and plaques.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Basic door repair and hanging.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Repair of office furniture.
· Medium Level Mechanical Maintenance Assembly of carts, filing cabinets, tables, furniture, etc.
· Basic HVAC Maintenance Replace filters and belts in any HVAC or fan unit.
· Basic HVAC Maintenance Clean coils in fan coils and refrigeration units.
· Basic HVAC Maintenance Clean and service condensate drains.
· Basic Plumbing Maintenance Replace drain traps and faucet washers.
· Basic Plumbing Maintenance Open drain clogs using hand snake.
· Basic Plumbing Maintenance Caulk fixtures and backsplashes.
· Basic Plumbing Maintenance Clean roof drains, floor drains and storm drains.
· Medium Finish Maintenance Minor wall repair, spackle and painting.
· Medium Finish Maintenance Installation of cove base, corner guards and acrovyn wall covering.
· Basic Electrical Maintenance Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes and light fixture lenses.
· Basic Electrical Maintenance Replace receptacles and light switches when de-energized.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum of three years as a Maintenance Mechanic, preferably in a healthcare institution. Two years of trade school or apprenticeship in trade may be substituted for two years of previous experience requirement.
Licenses and Certifications:
If the location/entity has a boiler requiring a Low Pressure Black Seal license, employee must acquire the license within three months of hire.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and transmit complicated detailed instruction in writing and orally. General understanding of electro mechanical equipment and basic knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical repairs required.
Some exposure to extreme degrees of heat, noise, dust, dirt and patient areas requiring the use of universal precautions.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
[Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion]
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.