The Externship begins with a dynamic, fast-paced lesson, designed to lay out the foundation for any successful plant professional. We teach the fundamentals, habits, and best practices of successful operators.
Before diving into the technical topics of operation, students must first learn how to maximize their learning in both the classroom and when performing on-site boiler room coverage. We’ll gain an understanding of an operator’s working environment, the habits that will contribute to success within the industry, and even how to professionally use email and social media.
This course is aimed at those exploring a career in the stationary engineering/operations industry. Students should take this course before starting any on-site training.
Current Industry Landscape
- Career Paths & Opportunities
- Hierarchy of Boiler Rooms and Power Plants
- The Principles of Operation
- The Habits of a Great Operator
- Using Email & Social Media like a Professional
- Introduction to Sit Time
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- General Plant Safety
- Operator Relief
- Mastering the Operations Logbook
- Online Training Overview
- Qual Sheets Overview
- Q & A
Lesson Instructor: Patrick Moscatiello