UTILITIES SUPERVISOR/CHIEF ENGINEER - AVANTOR PERFORMANCE MATERIALS
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Manages one or more maintenance functions including Boiler House, Utilities and Waste Water Treatment operations. Performs moderately complex engineering assignments involving equipment design, construction or repair, preparation of specifications, process studies, or other development investigations.
Manage one or more maintenance functions including the direction of the Boiler House (acting “chief engineer”), Utilities and Waste Water Treatment.
Applies standard techniques, develops method improvement, and provides solutions to problems involving a broad number of variables.
Supervises highly skilled employees and/or multiple trades in tasks in projects or application requiring multiple sequential steps.
Accountable for work quality, worker safety performance, and troubleshooting effectiveness of subordinates. Exercises wide latitude in choice of solutions.
Leads or directs personnel actions including organization, motivation, training, performance monitoring and measurement, discipline, safety leadership and administration. Manages the initial step of the union grievance process.
Determine job priorities, makes daily and weekly assignments, participates in master planning process, develops material and equipment requirements, and coordinates with other departments.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise trade or stationary equipment operations personnel.
- Knowledgeable in the application of planning and control techniques pertaining to maintenance and construction.
- Familiar with procedures and documentation typical of a cGMP and highly regulated work environment, including food safety.
- Performs other assignments as directed under general direction
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Each employee is responsible to manage their departments and perform their defined tasks in order to comply with and maintain the sites’ ISO 9000/1400 certification and all regulatory requirements and is expected to shut down the operation and notify management if questions regarding compliance or other issues requiring additional attention arise. Regulatory requirements include, but are not limited to cGMPs, EPA, OSHA, DEA, DOT, and any other applicable local, governmental and company guidelines.
BS Engineering or Equivalent Work Experience;
Must possess Gold Seal Boiler License
5 or more years of supervisory experience related to maintenance, boiler operation or waste water treatment
IE, ME, Chem. Eng., EE or equivalent with 5 years of directly related experience, Waste Water Treatment experience a plus
MS Office, CMMS familiarity, experience with MS Project desirable
· Demonstrated high-level of written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and team work skills
· Proven ability to effectively communicate
Reports to the facility Maintenance Manager. Will interface with all aspects of the local site including operations, accounting, purchasing, EHSE and quality.
The Phillipsburg New Jersey Plant of Avantor Performance Materials, Inc. is a chemical manufacturing facility sitting on approximately seventy (70) acres of land with numerous buildings across the site. The Maintenance Supervisor must be able to work in all weather conditions, climb stairs and ladders, wear all required PPE (goggles, respirator, etc.). The position interfaces with both management and union personnel from various levels.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Apply: Email here, with subject "Avatar Job" and attach your resume.